To declare this combined major, visit Academic Advising and Cooperative Education in 100 Meserve Hall.
Current students are required to refer to their degree audit through myNEU.
Students who wish to register for 2000 Level courses and above need to plan ahead in order to complete pre-requisite course(s) ahead of time.Requirements Course Descriptions
Learning outcomes for the half-major template in Media and Screen Studies:
- Apply basic knowledge of fundamental techniques of video-based film production in a visual project
- Define terms, concepts, and theories that are fundamental to the study of media
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to media texts
- Apply the history of media studies to current issues of media with a particular focus on identity, industry, and democracy
- Plan, write, and present original research papers and presentations, incorporating an analytical understanding of concepts and ideas in Media and Screen Studies
- Apply theories of media and culture central to the field of Media and Screen Studies to a media text or issue
Media Arts general learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
- Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
- Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
- Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
- Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.