Media and Screen Studies and Political Science, BA
This combined major integrates the analysis, research, and production of traditional and emerging media along with courses on American government, comparative politics, international relations, and research methods.
The Media and Screen Studies Program and the Department of Political Science offer a combined major in media and screen studies and political science. The combined major integrates the analysis, research, and production of traditional and emerging media along with courses on American government, comparative politics, international relations, and research methods.
This allows students to combine Media and Screen Studies with a major from another department. Students can therefore create their own unique combination of majors if a designated combined major does not exist. • Students can take a combined major in Media and Screen Studies and Political Science. Students take 9 courses from each major plus one bridge course.
Governor Charlie Baker
Congresswoman Nensi Pelosi
Boston Bar Association
Public Relations Specialist
Social Media Manager
Web Content Manager
ability to work under pressure
commercial and cultural awareness of media and creative industries
creative problem-solving skills
performance and presentation skills
project management skills
verbal and written communication skills
Our Media and Screen Studies curriculum designed to achieve six distinct learning objectives:
1. Apply basic knowledge of fundamental techniques of video-based film production in a visual project
2. Define terms, concepts, and theories that are fundamental to the study of media
3. Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to media texts
4. Apply the history of media studies to current issues of media with a particular focus on identity, industry, and democracy
5. Plan, write, and present original research papers and presentations, incorporating an analytical understanding of concepts and ideas in Media and Screen Studies
6. Apply theories of media and culture central to the field of Media and Screen Studies to a media text or issue