Art + Design
Media Arts, BFA
Using visual technology, from computer animation to video games, to tell stories.
The Media Arts BFA is an intensive studio program where students can learn about the changing technology landscape while building their skills through theory, experimentation, and critique. Production facilities provide students the opportunity for hands-on learning.
Students can choose one of three concentrations in the Media Arts program: animation, photography, or video arts.
The animation concentration focuses on developing robust, conceptual, narrative, and technical software skills. This rigorous studio program explores the power and potential of effective visual communication through 2D and 3D motion design.
The photography concentration encourages experimental and self-disciplined engagement with photographic processes. Students will learn how materials function, both as physical components of photographic work as well as signifiers of meaning.
Video arts focuses on creative video expression and messaging that weaves together art and design foundations along with video production, cinematic language, and theories of social and cultural change.
Boston Public Market
The Boston Beer Company
TJMaxx and HomeGoods
- Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
- Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
- Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
- Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
- Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.