In today’s digital age, photos, videos and documentaries resonate strongly, and in the world of journalism, this is no exception. In the Photojournalism Minor, you’ll develop skills in photography and video to create engaging and impactful stories.
Are you passionate for the visual side of storytelling? As our society continues to move towards a world of technology, the power of photos become that more important. This minor will engage students on how to visually tell a compelling story. It will give students the skill sets needed to succeed in that endeavor.
1. Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
2. Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
3. Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
4. Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
5. Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.