Art + Design
Video Arts, Minor
This minor enables students to explore contemporary, alternative, and other artistic means of video production in a variety of creative and technical contexts.
Video Arts minor is based on a multidisciplinary field focused on creative video expression and messaging. It weaves together collaborative frameworks, theories of social and cultural change, video production (sound + image), alongside cinematic language (including documentary, imaginative, narrative, and experimental strategies). The scope of the Video Arts minor is broader and more diverse tapestry than traditional Video Art and it reflects the dynamic evolution of video in multiple contexts, including the workplace. This minor enables students to explore contemporary, alternative, and other artistic means of video production in a variety of creative and technical contexts.
1. Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
2. Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
3. Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
4. Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
5. Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.