Fall 2019 Production Auditions
Everything you need to know about auditions for our Fall shows!
The Skin of Our Teeth
Written by Thornton Wilder
Directed by Jonathan Carr
Performances: October 17 – 27
Urinetown: The Musical
Written by Mark Hollmann and Greg Kotis
Directed by Leigh Barrett
Performances: November 14 – 24
NEW FOR FALL 2019: ONLINE SIGN-UP and ONLINE INFO FORM
DATE: Thursday September 5
TIME: Beginning at 5:00pm
LOCATION: RY 334
- One Modern or Contemporary Monologue of no more than 1 minute.
* For non-majors, does not have to be memorized. Prepared reading is okay.
- 16 bars of your choice; Urinetown selections are okay.
* Piano accompanist available; a cappella and self-accompaniment on any instrument are also welcome.
- Students who are auditioning only for The Skin of Our Teeth may replace the singing audition with a 2nd, contrasting monologue of no more than 1 minute.
- Theatre Majors are expected to arrive to all Open and Call Back Auditions fully prepared in accordance with the outlined requirements of the audition. This includes, but is not limited to, reading the production texts completely, thoroughly memorizing material, and completing necessary documentation.
- If you are struggling to find material, we will have suggestions and options available in the theatre office starting August 29.
DATE: Friday September 6
TIME: Beginning at 5:00pm
RY 334 & 372: Urinetown
STUDIO THEATRE: The Skin of Our Teeth
- Call back auditions will be scheduled by the directors directly following the open auditions. If you have any scheduling conflicts for the call back auditions, please include them on your information sheets and notify stage management.
- Please check the call board on Friday, September 6 for more information and audition sides.
- Casting will be announced no later than 5pm Monday, September 9 via posting in the Department of Theatre Office and on the Department of Theatre Website.
- Auditions are open to ALL Northeastern Students.
- Productions will have General Open Auditions together on Thursday, September 5 and Invited Call-Back Auditions separately on Friday, September 6.
- Copies of both scripts are available in the Department of Theatre office, everyone auditioning is encouraged to read them!
- You may now sign up for an audition slot online: SIGN ME UP!
- You are required to fill out an information form online before your audition.
- The online sign-up sheet and information form will be locked at 4pm on Thursday, September 5.
o Any changes or additions made to the sign-up after 4pm will be made with Stage Management in person at auditions.
o Anyone who has not filled out a form online by 4pm will need to fill one out in person at auditions (don’t be that person).
- You will check-in with Stage Management in RY 372 before your audition.
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled audition. If you are not present when we are ready for you, you will be skipped and fit into the next available spot (if there is one).
Theatre Department Casting Policy
Northeastern students of any major and year of study are invited to audition for theatre department productions. Students are cast based on the actor’s skill, experience, and qualities suitable for a given role regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, or national origin. All department casting follows university guidelines pertaining to equal opportunity and supports the Actor’s Equity Association vision to encourage more equitable and authentic representation onstage by promoting diversity, gender parity, and inclusion.
Looking for a little advice about how to choose monologues, how to prepare, or what to do in the audition? Try here: Audition Advice.
For additional information about auditions, the 2019-2020 season, or anything else, please contact:
180 Ryder Hall