Spring 2020 Production Auditions
Everything you need to know about auditions for our Spring shows!
Adapted by Peter Oswald
Directed by Antonio Ocampo-Guzman
Performances February 19 – 23
Written by Sarah DeLappe
Directed by Dani Snyder-Young
Performances March 18 – 22
She Kills Monsters
Written by Qui Nguyen
Directed by Darren Evans
Performances: April 2 – 12
ONLINE INFO FORM
PRODUCTION CALENDARS/REHEARSAL SCHEDULES
THE OPEN AUDITIONS:
DATE: Tuesday, January 7 and Wednesday, January 8
Monday, January 6 – soccer auditions for The Wolves
TIME: Beginning at 5:30pm
LOCATION: RY 334
- One Monologue or Speech, of your choice, no more than 2 minutes long.
* For non-majors, does not have to be memorized. Prepared reading is okay.
- Theatre Majors are expected to arrive to all Open and Call Back Auditions fully prepared in accordance with the outlined requirements of the audition. This includes, but is not limited to, reading the production texts completely, thoroughly memorizing material, and completing necessary documentation.
- If you are struggling to find material, we will have suggestions and options available in the theatre office starting in December.
THE CALLBACK AUDITIONS:
DATE: Thursday, January 9
TIME: Beginning at 5:00pm
RY 334: The Wolves
RY 372: Mary Stuart
STUDIO THEATRE: She Kills Monsters
- Call back auditions will be scheduled by the directors directly following the open auditions. If you have any scheduling conflicts for the call back auditions, please include them on your information sheets and notify stage management.
- Please check the call board on Thursday, January 9 for more information and audition sides.
- Casting will be announced no later than 5pm Friday, January 10 via posting in the Department of Theatre Office and on the Department of Theatre Website.
- Auditions are open to ALL Northeastern Students.
- Productions will have General Open Auditions together on Tuesday, January 7 and Wednesday, January 8. They will have Invited Call-Back Auditions separately on Thursday, January 9. The Wolves has an additional Soccer Audition on Monday, January 6th. If you are auditioning for The Wolves, you must sign up for a soccer audition as well.
- Copies of all scripts are available in the Department of Theatre office; everyone auditioning is encouraged to read them!
- You may sign up for an audition slot online:
o Majors will be able to sign-up beginning December 4.
o Minors may sign-up beginning December 6.
o All other students may sign-up beginning December 9.
- You are required to fill out an information form online before your audition
- The online sign-up sheet and information form will be locked at 4pm on Tuesday, January 7.
o Any changes or additions made to the sign-up after 4pm will be made with Stage Management in person at auditions.
o Anyone who has not filled out a form online by 4pm will need to fill one out in person at auditions (don’t be that person).
- You will check-in with Stage Management in RY 372 before your audition.
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled audition. If you are not present when we are ready for you, you will be skipped and fit into the next available spot (if there is one).
Theatre Department Casting Policy
Northeastern students of any major and year of study are invited to audition for theatre department productions. Students are cast based on the actor’s skill, experience, and qualities suitable for a given role regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, or national origin. All department casting follows university guidelines pertaining to equal opportunity and supports the Actor’s Equity Association vision to encourage more equitable and authentic representation onstage by promoting diversity, gender parity, and inclusion.
Looking for a little advice about how to choose monologues, how to prepare, or what to do in the audition? Try here: Audition Advice. Also feel free to reach out to a faculty mentor.
For additional information about auditions, the 2019-2020 season, or anything else, please contact:
448 Ryder Hall