Welcome new CAMD students! As you begin to get settled on campus and start the fall semester, explore the College of Arts, Media and Design by using what’s right at your fingertips – social media. We invite you to join the Explore CAMD social media contest by taking photos around CAMD and posting them with the hashtag #CAMDLife.
As you get to know us, share your photos with your followers on Instagram for a chance to have your photos selected for a digital gallery and to win prizes.
Directions are simple:
- First and foremost, have fun and be creative!
- Take a photo at the entrance to each of the six CAMD departments: Art and Design, Architecture, Communications, Journalism, Music, and Theatre. Make sure it is clear the photo was taken at that specific department. Hint: each department has a sign!
- Make a collage or Pic Stitch for Instagram and post when you have collected them all, using #CAMDLife.
- Once you have visited all of the departments, you can get “extra credit” by also taking photos showing you were at various activities or art installations around CAMD. Check out:
- Ralph Pucci: Art of the Mannequin in Gallery 360 (Open daily)
- First Meeting for Concert Band and Wind Ensemble (Thursday, 6-8:30 p.m. at the Fenway Center)
- CAMD Academic Advising Snack Break and Walk-In Hours in 100 Meserve (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Public Art Walking Tour (Thursday)
- CAMD on the Lawn (Thursday)
- Theatre Fall Production Auditions (Thursday)
- Prizes will be given for:
- The first student who completes and posts their collage
- The most creative photo at each stop
- The most students in one photo
- The last student to complete and post their collage
- The student who posts the most extra credit photos
- Deadline is Friday, September 9, at 4 p.m.
Remember, if your account is private, we won’t be able to see your post, so if you would like to be included in the entries, make your profile public until Friday, September 9. We look forward to seeing you on social media! Good luck!