Current Northeastern BS in Architecture Seniors:
Submit your completed Internal Application by January 15*.
*Only students transitioning directly from the BS program may apply in this manner.
Northeastern BS in Architecture Alumni:
Students who have taken time off after graduating from the BS program must submit all of the application materials listed above. Please note that your personal statement should not exceed one page and that two of your three reference letters should be academic.
Additionally, students who graduated prior to 2018 are required to provide work samples that demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and SketchUp. PDFs of one student project and one professional project should be sent to [email protected].
Portfolio is required to be considered for placement in the 2-year program. Portfolio is optional for applicants to the 3-year program.
Applicants may be required to submit evidence of course equivalencies prior to matriculation for course placement.
Applicants must have taken one semester of college-level physics and one semester of college-level calculus. Students who enter the program without physics and calculus have one year from the date of matriculation to complete and pass these courses, which can be taken outside Northeastern (failure to do so may impede progress in the program).
The committee will be reviewing your portfolio not only for technical proficiencies but equally importantly for evidence of your depth of thinking and approach to problem solving. Please be sure to show projects that are most representative of your abilities and interests.
The portfolio should be one PDF file and must include the following (approximately 25 pages):
- A cover page with your name, most recent degree (and any architectural degrees if they pre-date your terminal degree), and the college/university where the degree(s) was received.
- A one-page resume summary that includes a list of relevant software skills (for example: SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe CS, etc.) and a list of your past architecture design studio courses that includes year, level, credit hours and subject focus (for example: introductory design or urban housing).
- Academic projects in reverse chronological order. Include course name and a brief synopsis of the design problem.
- Optional: Any visual work/models from tectonics, structures, environmental systems, etc.
- Optional: Professional projects. They should be in a separate section of the portfolio and list project name, firm, a synopsis of your role, and a synopsis of the project brief.
- Optional: Any non-architectural creative work, such as painting, drawing, photography, etc. should be included in the last section of the portfolio. Labels for the work should follow the same format as architectural design work.
Portfolios must be submitted via SlideRoom, an online portfolio submission service. The submission fee is $6.00 (USD). Technical guidelines are available at SlideRoom.
Please note that the GRE is NOT required for admission.