Art + Design, Communication Studies
- M.F.A., Communication Design, Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- M.S., Media Arts and Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Studies in film history and production, Film/Cinema/Video Studies, City College of San Francisco
- B.A., Philosophy, University of Florida
- B.S., Computer and Cognitive Science, University of Florida
- Video Arts
- Media Arts
David Tamés is a documentary media maker working in both linear and interactive forms. He is currently completing a micro-documentary on the bookartbookshop in London and is also co-directing Farm and Red Moon, a character-driven documentary investigating humane animal slaughter. He was a co-founder of MIT TechTV, a video sharing site. In the early days of web video, David was part of the team that produced The East Village, a groundbreaking entertainment web site and winner of New Media Magazine’s InVision Gold Award. He serves on the board of Filmmakers Collaborative.
He has experience in documentary, experimental film/video, cinematography, sound design, interactive media, and new media installation.