Art + Design
- M.Arch., Rice University in Texas
- B.A., Politics; Architecture, Bennington College
- 2018 IDSA IDEA Gold Award for Service Design
- 2018 SDN Service Design Award
- He received awards from the Graham Foundation and the NY Architectural League
- He serves on several boards and advisory councils, including the Dubai Institute of Design and Innovation (2016-18) and the Emerald Necklace Conservancy Board of Directors (2017-22).
- He speaks frequently and globally to industry, corporate, and academic audiences in venues such as SXSW, the MIT Media Lab, the AIGA, Harvard Business School, Yale School of Management, the Bauhaus Dessau, NEXT Berlin, Barcelona Building Innovation Symposium, Swissnex, EXPO Milano, the MIT School of Architecture, the Innovation Learning Network, and the Seoul Design Festival.
Lee Moreau is a service and experience designer and is Professor of the Practice of Design in the Department of Art + Design, as well as the founder and director of Other Tomorrows – a design and strategy studio. Moreau combines rigorous design research with broad industry experience and has led service and experience design projects for a diverse group of clients—such as Southwest Airlines, BBVA, Google, P&G, Nike, Chili’s, Novartis, Kaiser-Permanente, and the American Red Cross —that blur the boundaries between content and experience.As an architect turned strategist, Moreau combines a unique capacity for complex systems thinking with a deeply empathic perspective, which he uses to critically engage and reimagine the contemporary world. Prior to forming Other Tomorrows and rejoining Northeastern’s faculty, he was the VP, Design at Continuum, Director of Environments at 2×4, and worked as a designer at IDEO and at the Rockwell Group.