Please read through the rules fully before booking space.
Rules for reserving space at the Center for Design
- Only CAMD Faculty & Staff are able to reserve space at the Center for Design, students are not able to reserve space at this time.
- Acceptable reasons for use:
– Working/meeting with a CfD faculty member or on a CfD-related project
– Class critiques and reviews with external guests
– A final exam/review in the form of a public exhibition
– Workshops or studio activities that require multiple groups working in separate areas that is not otherwise possible in registrar-granted classroom space (moveable whiteboards and pin-up boards double as space partitioners)
- CfD faculty/staff may reserve on behalf of CfD student Research Assistants.
- Cancel as soon as possible if you know you will no longer need the space. Space is in high demand on campus, please be respectful of this.
- When reserving CfD Space, please include in the reservation notes:
1. what the reservation is for
2. number of people who will be in attendance
3. If your reservation is for a class critique, please include the name(s) of outside guest(s) that will be joining.
Failure to include all relevant information will result in a rejected booking.
- Recurring appointments are not permitted for non-CfD faculty.
Rules for using space at the Center for Design
- Space cleaning: leave the tables clean, throw away garbage. If your work leaves the table dirty, please use the sanitary wipes provided by CAMD to clean it..
- If your reservation is for a larger event and/or there is food involved, please submit a work request to clean the space immediately following use.
- Space arrangement: the space is very flexible and reconfigurable to suit all needs, so please, feel free to use it in a way that suits your needs, BUT, we would appreciate that you leave it exactly as you found it.
- Noise Control: Please be mindful of your noise level. This is a coworking space and research office, so there is often multiple people working in the space
*Please note Robin room reservations require integration with an NU outlook calendar, learn how to do this here. This is not a Center for Design requirement.
Center for Design Spaces
CfD Conference Rooms
CfD Suite Lobby / Crit Space
How to use Robin
See the IT knowledge base forum for Robin FAQs.