Dr. Schwartz holds a Ph.D. from the University of Iowa. He teaches courses in Research Methods, Interpersonal Communication, and Health Communication. His research agenda focuses on communication and HIV prevention for men who have sex with men. His research has been published in a variety of journals, including Health Communication, Journal of Communication, and Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly.
- Ph.D University of Iowa
- COMM 1131 - Sex
- Relationships, and Communication
- COMM 2131 - The Dark Side of Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 2301 - Communication Research Methods
- COMM 3201 - Health Communication
- COMM 3530 - Sexualities and Communication
• Schwartz, J. & Grimm, JStigma communication surrounding PrEP: The experiences of a sample of men who have sex with men. Health Communication.
- • Schwartz, J., & Grimm, J. (2017). Online news coverage of pre-exposure prophylaxis. Communication Research Reports, 34(2), 153 160
- • Grimm, J., & Schwartz, J. (2017). Body image and race on gay male-targeted blogs. Howard Journal of Communications, 116
- • Schwartz, J., & Grimm, J. (2017). PrEP on Twitter: information, barriers, and stigma. Health Communication, 32(4), 509 516
- • Schwartz, J. & Grimm, J. (2016). Uncertainty in online news coverage of Truvada. Health Communication, 31(10),1250 1257
- Health Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Mediated Communication