Art + Design
- Graduate Studies, the Kunstgewerbeschule in Basel, Switzerland
- B.F.A., University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in North Dartmouth, MA
- Partner at Laughlin/Winkler Design
- Lecturer at Montserrat College of Art, Beverly MA
- Lecturer at The Art Institute of Boston, Boston MA
Mark Laughlin is a designer and educator: formerly a partner at Laughlin/Winkler Design and Lecturer at Montserrat College of Art, Beverly MA and The Art Institute of Boston, Boston MA. In addition to his work at Northeastern, he is a Critic at Rhode Island School of Design, Providence RI
After receiving a BFA from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in North Dartmouth, MA, he pursued graduate studies at the Kunstgewerbeschule in Basel, Switzerland, At Laughlin/Winkler Design worked extensively in Identity and brand development, for both established firms and dynamic startups. alike, to establish story, create an imprint, and guide perception.
Laughlin’s teaching philosophy emphasizes the fundamental value of graphic language and design principles to bring clarity to communication and concept development.