- Ph.D., Syracuse University
- M.A., Harvard University
- B.A., Seoul National University
- 2023 Top Paper Award, National Communication Association
- 2023 Top Paper Award, International Communication Association
- 2022 Top Paper Award, International Communication Association
- 2021 Top Paper Award, National Communication Association
- 2015 Top Student Paper Award, Association for Education in Journalism & Mass Communication
- Digital media
- Media psychology
Myojung Chung is an assistant professor of journalism and media innovation at Northeastern University. Her primary research focuses on the intersection of digital media, mis- and disinformation, and policy making. Her particular focus lies in understanding the spread and consequences of mis/disinformation, along with developing effective countermeasures. Dr. Chung’s research has been published in leading social science journals including New Media & Society, Digital Journalism, Human Communication Research, and Computers in Human Behavior. Her research has also been recognized at prestigious conferences and won top paper awards from ICA, NCA, and AEJMC.
Before entering academia, Dr. Chung worked as a journalist at Yonhap News Agency, South Korea’s leading news outlet, and served as strategic communication manager in the telecommunication industry. She also has first-hand experience at the UN Headquarters and the Korean National Commission to UNESCO. Dr. Chung currently holds advisory roles as a board member at the Harvard Rappaport Institute and a safety council advisory member at Naver Z, a global metaverse company.