- Facilities manager
- Owner representative
- Interior architect
- Construction manager
- Construction supervisor
- Building surveyor
- Building conservation
- 3D printing
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of building laws/codes
- Building construction
- Industrial design
The curriculum pairs studio courses with relevant architecture history and technology courses to support the comprehensive learning experience of the student. Students engage in intensive studio projects that encourage them to seek prototypical solutions to problems in the modern city. Instruction takes place in the studio with one-on-one consultations with faculty, critiques with classmates, and formal reviews. Visiting critics participate in reviews, and there is a lecture series that brings prominent professionals on campus to discuss the work they are doing in the field.
As part of their studies, students are enrolled in two six-month co-ops . This allows students to gain real-world experience in architecture that aids them in both their academic development and in professional advancement. Co-op experience can often be applied to one’s IDP credits. Students in the BS in Architecture program spend a semester on study abroad in Segovia, Spain.
The School of Architecture offers a NAAB -accredited one-year M.Arch program to our students who have successfully completed the BS degree in architecture. This allows our own students to achieve a master’s degree in an efficient and timely manner.
Applicants should note that the BS degree in architecture is not sufficient by itself to meet the academic requirement to sit for state licensure. (Most undergraduate architecture degrees are not accredited.) Students who graduate with the BS degree have the option to apply to the one-year NAAB-accredited Master of Architecture degree that is open to our BS graduates in good standing.
- Landing Studio
- Bergmeyer Associates Inc
- Ann Beha Architects
- Elkus Manfredi Architects
- William Rawn Associates
- Maryann Thompson Architects
- Hacin + Associates
- Oudens Ello Architecture
- Cummings Properties LLC
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- MIT facilities
Students who graduate from Northeastern University with a degree in architecture, architectural studies or landscape architecture will have:
- Thorough 2D and 3D representation and modeling skills for deciphering and designing the built environment.
- Awareness of how global socio-cultural contexts influence the built environment, and how the built environment influences global communities.
- Thorough knowledge of sustainable and resilient design goals, strategies, and methods.
- Skills of communication and collaboration necessary for managing complex projects.
- Understanding of fundamental construction systems and techniques that shape the built environment.
- Critical ability to analyze and decipher complex environments.
- Exposure to the diverse range of professional opportunities and avenues for design of the built environment.
- Understanding of ethical responsibilities for designing the built environment.