The photography minor immerses students in the creation of photographs. The curriculum seeks to involve students in the knowledge, experience, and techniques of photography, informed by theory, experimentation, and critique. Digital imaging, editing, and production facilities afford students the opportunity to become proficient in the emerging practices necessary for a variety of creative and technical contexts.
- Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
- Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
- Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
- Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
- Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.