Welcome to the Department of Theatre. Be inspired by innovation. The theatre has always been home to dreamers and rebels, innovators and visionaries. The Department of Theatre at CAMD welcomes everyone into our community, embracing the highest aspirations of theatre as art while exploring creative inspiration, intellectual inquiry, social awareness, global perspectives, and real-world experiences.
We aspire to achieve a new vision of theatre education where undergraduate programs combine dynamic stage experiences with in-depth knowledge of dramatic literature, history, and theory. Where academic studies integrate with co-op and experiential learning to help turn your passions into your profession. Where you explore diverse techniques to develop a creative process and philosophy that are uniquely your own. Where you can reinterpret the classics, sing out the musicals, create new work, take risks, and transcend boundaries.
We seek theatre students who are:
- Talented, intellectually curious, self-motivated, ambitious, fearless, and generous.
- Multi-dimensional—passionate about acting, but also interested in discovering design, directing, playwriting, or arts administration.
- Interested in studying and making an array of theatre productions, including Shakespeare, musicals, modern classics, and new plays.
- Eager to see great theatre and engage with professional actors, directors, and designers while studying in Boston.
- Ready to work with our award-winning, professionally active faculty to develop their own professional identity and résumé.
If this describes you, get ready to awaken your mind, heart, and spirit while finding that unique community bond only the theatre can offer. Get ready for CAMD, a hub for creativity and collaboration that blends rigorous academic excellence with a vibrant spirit of innovation—all within a progressive urban campus and one of the world’s most vibrant theatre cities. Get ready to join the Department of Theatre.
Chair, Department of Theatre
College of Arts, Media and Design