Date and Time
Thursday, Nov 10 - Sunday, 20, 2022
7:30 — 10:00 pm
Theatrical ProductionPROBLEM PLAY Written & Directed by Erica Terpening-Romeo
At Thornbrooke Academy for Troubled Girls, a private reform school for teens in the New England countryside, students live a life of restriction and disempowerment. But things change one morning when nine students decide to take their punitive teacher hostage, and take control of their auxiliary classroom. In this tiny space they claim for themselves, the girls are able to throw off the strictures of Thornbrooke and exercise their own agency. But there’s one major problem: there’s no wifi, and nothing on the other side of that door but punishment for their crimes. So they make the strange and fateful choice to pass the time by rehearsing Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure, the only book in the room with enough copies to go around. Over the course of the next week, they camp out in their strange, cramped little kingdom, and grapple with justice, sex, leadership, and power through the pages of a problem play.
This production includes adult, suggestive, and offensive language, mentions and depictions of violence, as well as references to self-harm, suicide, rape, and pedophilia.
here or on the link in the red box.TICKET PRICES For students: $5.00 For non-students: $10.00 To register for a ticket, please click
For more information about this production, click here.
PERFORMANCESThursday November 10th 7:30pm Friday November 11th 8:00pm Saturday November 12th 8:00pm Sunday November 13th 2:00pm Monday November 14th No Performance Tuesday November 15th 7:30pm Wednesday November 16th 7:30pm Thursday November 17th 7:30pm Friday November 18th 8:00pm Saturday November 19th 8:00pm Sunday November 20th 2:00pm CREATIVE AND PRODUCTION TEAM Dramaturgy by Emily Trantanella Scenic Design by Jenna McFarland Lord Costume Design by Jessica Pribble Lighting Design by Amanda Fallon Sound Design by Anna Drummond Production Stage Manager: Karen Gallagher (’25) CAST LIST Mr. Knapp – Zeke D’Ascoli Zo – Isabelle Bushkov Dri – Devon Whitney Megan – Rory O’Neill Courtney – Ivy Kee Lola – Mitra Sharif Ivy – Abby Kesselman Sloan – Trisha Barua Max – Eve Davidson Bobbi – Brenna Thornton
- All performances are in-person, live in the Studio Theatre in Curry Student Center (first floor – next to the indoor quad above the food court).
- This performance will run approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes including one 10 minute intermission.
- No photography or video recording during performances.
- General seating (no assigned seating).
- No late seating.
- No re-admission during performance.
- House opens approximately 20 minutes before performance time. We encourage audience members to arrive to the theatre at least 15 minutes before the performance in order to find the theatre and select seats.