Art + Design
The Animation minor immerses student in the creation of animated artwork and assets for short animated films, game art and promotion, documentary films, visualization, motion graphics, illustration, and interactive art.
An intensive studio program, this curriculum seeks to immerse students in the knowledge, experience and techniques of animation, informed by theory, experimentation and critique. Extensive digital imaging and interactive media editing and production facilities afford students the opportunity to become proficient in the emerging practices necessary for remarkable work.
Boston Public Market
The Boston Beer Company
TJMaxx and HomeGoods
- Concept Development
- Advanced 3D Animation Production
- Editing and Advanced Post-Production Visual FX
1. Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
2. Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
3. Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
4. Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
5. Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.