Students will acquire a solid foundation in computer science and media arts through curriculum that spans photography, animation, video, database design, computer graphics, and human-computer interaction.
The computer science and media arts combined major is ideal for creative students who love technology. You’ll acquire a solid foundation in both fields through curriculum that spans photography, animation, video, database design, computer graphics, and human-computer interaction.
Media Arts general learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
2. Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
3. Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
4. Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
5. Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.
Computer Science and Media Arts, BS Requirements
*For complete program course listing, visit the University course catalog.
Resources for Current Students
Visit the Registrar�s website for a course catalog and information on university core requirements.