Art + Design
Video Arts, BFA
Video arts concentration is a multidisciplinary field focused on creative video expression and messaging that weaves together art and design foundations; art and design history; video production; cinematic language; collaborative frameworks; and theories of social and cultural change.
Video arts concentration is a multidisciplinary field focused on creative video expression and messaging that weaves together art and design foundations; art and design history; video production; cinematic language (including documentary, narrative, and experimental strategies); collaborative frameworks; and theories of social and cultural change. The scope of the video arts curriculum is a broader and more diverse tapestry than traditional video art and it reflects the dynamic evolution of video in multiple contexts. The video arts concentration enables students to explore traditional, alternative, and other artistic means of video art production in a variety of creative and technical contexts. The focus on a multiplicity of artistic formats—hence, the choice of the title video arts—underscores our attention to the training of students who are interested in learning how to experiment with new technical, narrative, and aesthetic practices and incorporate these options into the traditional medium of video art.
Boston Public Market
The Boston Beer Company
TJMaxx and HomeGoods
1. Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
2. Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
3. Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
4. Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
5. Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.