- Facilities manager
- Owner representative
- Interior architect
- Construction manager
- Construction supervisor
- Building surveyor
- Building conservation
- 3D printing
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of building laws/codes
- Building construction
- Industrial design
The Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies teaches students the rigorous design methods of architecture while also offering a flexible curriculum focused on key contemporary topics related to the built environment. After a common sequence of design, history, and technology courses, students may choose from a rich array of electives in the School of Architecture and throughout the university. The culmination of the major is a single capstone course required for all students.
Students will emerge with a strong portfolio, a foundational grounding in architectural design, and will be well equipped for further graduate education or work experience in design-related fields and creative industries. The Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies can be completed in four years. Students in this major participate in one six-month co-op and have the option of a second four-month summer co-op. Students also have the option to study abroad in Segovia, Spain for a semester.
Students who graduate from Northeastern University with a degree in architecture, architectural studies or landscape architecture will have:
- Thorough 2D and 3D representation and modeling skills for deciphering and designing the built environment.
- Awareness of how global socio-cultural contexts influence the built environment, and how the built environment influences global communities.
- Thorough knowledge of sustainable and resilient design goals, strategies, and methods.
- Skills of communication and collaboration necessary for managing complex projects.
- Understanding of fundamental construction systems and techniques that shape the built environment.
- Critical ability to analyze and decipher complex environments.
- Exposure to the diverse range of professional opportunities and avenues for design of the built environment.
- Understanding of ethical responsibilities for designing the built environment.
- Landing Studio
- Bergmeyer Associates Inc
- Ann Beha Architects
- Elkus Manfredi Architects
- William Rawn Associates
- Maryann Thompson Architects
- Hacin + Associates
- Oudens Ello Architecture
- Cummings Properties LLC
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- MIT facilities