- Account Executive
- Broadcast Journalist
- Creative Director
- Information Officer
- Market Researcher
- Media Planner
- Media Producer
- Multimedia Specialist
- Public Relations Specialist
- Social Media Manager
- Speech Writer
- Web Content Manager
- ability to work under pressure
- commercial and cultural awareness of media and creative industries
- creative problem-solving skills
- critical thinking
- leadership skills
- performance and presentation skills
- project management skills
- verbal and written communication skills
The Media and Screen Studies Program and the Department of Art + Design offer a combined major in media studies and media arts. Students pursuing the combined major are able to integrate the theory and practice of contemporary media studies with the deep appreciation of the narrative arts that is required for professional work in documentary film, game art and promotion, visualization, motion graphics, interactive art, illustration, and short animated films.
Media and Screen Studies learning outcomes :
- Apply basic knowledge of fundamental techniques of video-based film production in a visual project
- Define terms, concepts, and theories that are fundamental to the study of media
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to media texts
- Apply the history of media studies to current issues of media with a particular focus on identity, industry, and democracy
- Plan, write, and present original research papers and presentations, incorporating an analytical understanding of concepts and ideas in Media and Screen Studies
- Apply theories of media and culture central to the field of Media and Screen Studies to a media text or issue
Media Arts learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate awareness of the foundation and historical methods of digital media and applying research in portfolio development.
- Analyze and critique artistic media effectively through both verbal and written communication, showing the ability to collaborate with peers and related disciplines.
- Create a large body of portfolio work representing a wide range of concepts reflecting advanced level of analysis
- Evaluate current and future trends in the development digital media by employing skills to disseminate and share information over the medium.
- Explain and employ a unique personal style that shows significant contribution in the medium.
- BMF Media Group
- National Geographic Learning
- The Martha Stewart Show
- NBC Universal Television
- The Chew Productions
- Walt Disney World